Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our Weekend Trip

So this last weekend Ryan and I went for a little trip. We drove down to southern Oregon on Saturday morning to go to a steer sale and then we stayed the night in Medford, Oregon. I really wanted to drive over to the beach on Sunday morning and drive all the way up Hwy 101 beccause its beautiful, but I had never driven from Medford to the coast so we ask a friend we saw at the sale what was the best way there and he told us Hwy. 199. So we take Hwy 199 and are driving for ever, then suddenly we came to a fruit and veggie check point. Then we all the sudden realized we had drove an hour and a half south to Northern California! Holy Moly. Then we had to keep going on that road and ended up in...... are you ready........


THE REDWOOD FOREST!!!!!!!

That is soooooooo far away from our house. Well it ended up being really cool seeing all the big tall trees and I think Ryan really liked it too. Here is a picture of him in one of the trees.


We finally ended up on the coast & drove up Hwy.101 and landed at the West Coast Wild Animal Park. It was a interactive petting zoo were you could pet wild animals and feed them. They had so many lions, tigers, monkeys, kangaroos, bears, ect. that were so close to you. It was awesome.

Holding a baby mountain lion
And finally we ended our little trip at the beach and the sand dunes.




2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, holding a baby mountain lion? That's really cool! What a fun drive. Sometimes it pays off to get lost!

Long Family said...

That looks like so much fun!! I'm with you on the twilight thing. I can hardly wait for the movie!!!! I wanna be a vampire!!!!